We’re proud to announce the members of this year’s orchestra, chosen after competitive auditions on all instruments.
Please see our Roster page and plan to hear these great amateur musicians — who hail from all corners of the U-M life science community — on Jan. 21 at Hill Auditorium. Please see our Concerts page for details.
The 2017-2018 LSO season is now officially under way, with the start of audition signups.
Please visit http://signup.com/go/NrvAtMB to claim your audition spot on one of the following dates: Sunday, Sept. 17, Monday, Sept. 18 or Tues., Sept. 19.
Please follow the directions below when signing up; we are using a new system this year!
All auditions will be held at the Earl V. Moore Building of the U-M School of Music, Theatre & Dance. See this link for a map.
Before auditioning, be sure to visit this page for the required excerpt for your instrument, and for other information about what music to prepare. Please also review the criteria for LSO participation and other frequently asked questions, and the schedule of rehearsals and concerts.
If you have never auditioned for the LSO before, please also fill out this form.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SIGNING UP FOR AN LSO AUDITION:
- Go to http://signup.com/go/NrvAtMB
- Find the day and time you want to audition. Click the green Sign Up button for that slot.
- Sign in with Facebook or provide your email address. Neither the site nor the LSO will share your email address.
- Click Continue. It will ask you to confirm your email address. If it’s right, click Confirm.
- Fill in your name, phone number (where we can reach you if there’s a problem on audition day), and your instrument(s) and U-M affiliation and title. (For instance, faculty, staff or graduate student, and give your college, department or program name. If you are a U-M life sciences alumnus or an adult family member of someone in the U-M life sciences community, indicate that here.)
- Uncheck the boxes to opt out of emails from the signup site and one of their sponsors.
- Click the green Save and Done button.
- It will show you the audition schedule with your spot indicated, and a place to add a comment if you’d like. Once you have confirmed that it’s correct, click SAVE in the blue bar at the top of the screen.
- You will receive an email about your signup; if you need to cancel or change your time, use the “View/Change My Commitments” link in the email. Click the blue MY SPOTS button next to your audition time, and in the next screen click the minus sign next to “# of Spots” to reduce your number to zero, and save. This will cancel your spot, and then if you wish, you can sign up for another.