Thanks to all who came out for auditions this year – both those who had played with us before, and those new to the LSO.
Auditions were competitive on every instrument, and you can find the full roster of musicians on this page.
Please note that string seating is mixed and not in order of audition performance, and that woodwind/brass seating will rotate on some pieces.
Information for all members:
- This Sunday and every Sunday, we will tune at 7 p.m. sharp, so please arrive in the hall at 6:45 p.m. to help set up and warm up.
- We will provide folders with music and LSO member handbooks.
- We will run through each piece on the program.
- Please bring $50 in cash or check paid to U-M Life Sciences Orchestra. This is your member dues; you are welcome to give additional amounts as a gift to fund the orchestra further, and you will receive a tax receipt for the gift amount.
- The rehearsal schedule is here; please mark your calendar now for each one.
- This Sunday, the LSO Committee will bring snacks for everyone to have at the break. Starting next week, we will begin asking members of different sections to bring snacks.
First violins: It will be your turn on Oct. 11!
- Please note that some woodwind and brass players will rotate into different chairs for each piece.
- Wind players: please help cover parts for absent section-mates whenever possible. You’ll receive copies of all the parts for all the pieces for your instrument.
- If you already know you will have to miss or be more than 15 minutes late to an upcoming rehearsal: please email firstname.lastname@example.org this week to let us know so we can plan accordingly.
- Please also email email@example.com about any last-minute absences or notices that you will be late for rehearsal.
- You and your family/significant other are invited to a Season Kickoff Potluck Picnic this Saturday from 5-7 p.m. at Gallup Park.
- This is a rain-or-shine event: We have reserved the indoor Meeting Room in the building next to the canoe rental location. Here’s a map: http://umhealth.me/galluplso
- The LSO will provide pizza and party supplies. Bring a dish or drink to share; no alcohol please.
- Canoe rental is open until 7 p.m.